CRITERIA FOR HOTEL MEMBERSHIP
1. The Hotel must hold a license granted by the Competent Government Authority to run as hotel.
2. The Hotel must be functioning hotel having a minimum of 10 lettable bedrooms out of which at least 25% of the Bedrooms should have attached bathrooms and for the remaining rooms there should be one bathroom for every four rooms.
Note: If your hotel/restaurant has not yet started operating, you will be eligible for Associate Membership till such time your hotel / restaurant starts operating. When eligible, you may write for change of category, viz. Hotel or Restaurant supported by Licenses from Municipal Corporation/Police etc.
3. At least 25% of the bathrooms should have western style WCs.
4. The ambiance, exterior and interior decor must be good.
5. There should be separate clean & hygienic ladies and gentlemen’s toilets attached to the public area.
6. All rooms should be provided with fans.
7. There should be a Reception Counter with telephone and a separate telephone for the use of residents and visitors.
8. Barring hill stations; elsewhere the hotel must have its own kitchen and also a restaurant and have eating house license where even outsiders can come and dine. At hill stations, if there is no restaurant, the hotel should have an eating house license granted by the competent authority.
9. There should be good quality crockery, cutlery, glassware and furniture.
10. The hotel should provide laundry and dry cleaning services.
11. There should be clean and good quality linen/blankets/towels etc.
12. Staff should be in smart and clean uniforms.
13. There should be provisions for adequate staff facilities like eating, toilets and clock rooms.
14. There should be arrangements for hygienic washing of utensils, crockery, cutlery and glassware. In case of manually operated washing system, there should be the three tier system.
15. Water for cooking, drinking and ice making should be of acceptable quality.
16. There should be proper parking space.
CRITERIA FOR RESTAURANT MEMBERSHIP
1. The Restaurant must hold license granted by the competent Government/Local Authority to run as restaurant and must be open to general public.
2. The ambiance, exterior and interior decor must be good.
3. Restaurant must be a functioning restaurant having a capacity of at least 25 persons.
4. The Restaurant should be fully and effectively air-conditioned. The Regional Association, in its direction, may relax this conditions in case of open-air restaurant and Restaurants in Hill Stations. Restaurant in Hill Station should have proper heating arrangements.
5. There should be a clean and hygienic toilet, preferably, one for gents and one for ladies.
6. There should be telephone facilities.
7. There should be good quality crockery, cutlery, glassware, silverware, tableware & linen.
8. Arrangements for hygienic washing, drying and washing of utensils crockery, cutlery, and glassware. In case of manually operated washing system, there should be a three tier system.
9. There should be clean, hygienic, well equipped and well maintained kitchen and pantry with proper and adequate cold storage facilities. Cooking utensils should also be of good quality and well kept.
10. There should be good quality furniture.
11. Staff should be in smart and clean uniforms.
12. There should be provisions for adequate staff facilities like eating, toilets and clock rooms.
13. Water for cooking, drinking and ice making should be of acceptable quality.
14. There should be proper parking space.
CRITERIA FOR ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
1. Must be associated with the Hospitality Industry in some way.